In a somewhat latest trend, cyber attackers have started to spread infection by tricking printers and scanner devices. These kinds of threats started capturing eye balls in later part of year 2017, after security experts at Bitdefender Labs observed a threat which cyber attackers tricked a printer to forward an infected file that seems to be a genuine file forward by a printer device. This infected file allowed the hacker to infest a virus to perform inspection and gain illegal entry to the target’s computer.
Previously, in the September month of year 2017, Bitdefender identified two similar virus campaigns in which cyber attackers tricked copiers, scanners and the printers to send infected files that appeared to be genuine files forwarded by the victims’ computer machine. The Bitdefender Antivirus Technical Support made a report warning of these assaults and precisely predicting more alike threats in the upcoming days. However we possibly still haven’t observed the last of threats of this kind. These kinds of “printer tricks” attacks corrupt servers, home PCs, and latest phishing approaches to avoid victim’s doubts and their digital safety applications. To make yourself and your business secure, here’s a process of how the threats operate and the safety steps you should comprise.
Functionality of the Spoof Attack
The cyber attackers carrying out these threats are very creative. They use refined social engineering approaches to fool users into downloading their infected files. In case of the threats identified in the month of September 2017 by Bitdefender Support, the cyber attackers tricked the model number of the device that belongs to the email service provider that is one of the most popular approaches in the businesses all over the globe to make the email appear unobtrusive.
These cyber threats are very refined, and they allow, a very small group of hackers to penetrate thousands of firms and skip Artificial intelligence and security software dependent protection, even those primary in. The new ransomware seems as an unidentified file, it covers a 100% automatic deny safety posture to stop or have it at the end or network edge; it also needs human eyes and identification to eventually identify what it is in this scenario, latest ransomware.
The attacks noticed by Bitdefender Antivirus Technical Support also featured tricked emails providing malevolent PDF files that, in this scenario, gave the cyber attacker clear access to the target’s computer when downloaded.
Precautionary Measures to keep your device away from falling target to these cyber attacks
Caution Symbols of Printer-Scanner Tricking Virus
As per the recent post by safety blog Bitdefender Antivirus Technical Support, “Cyber hackers seems to rely on PDF related virus, as most customers think PDF files are sent to their scanner or printer are totally harmless and from a secure location. The subject of the email appears something like “scanned from Dell” or any other printer device present in the network, and the file includes the infected code. It comprise of an altered file name that lets the cyber hackers to hide the unreliable code within the records, expressing as a ‘.jpg’, ‘.pdf,’ or the ‘.txt’ extension.
Thus, while any file could be infectious, the individual that must raise the major red sign is .pdf files. However, to remain on the safer place, it’s important to apply caution when getting any file from a scanner, printer, or copy machine.
Problems can happen at any time of life whether you are using the newest machine, operating system or safety software. A bit of delay in the awareness and safety causes major issues to device protection. To cover up such problems Bitdefender Technical Support always exists on support number for customer help. The best thing about the Bitdefender Technical Support is the availability. Customer can ring the toll free number any number of times at any time of the day when face technical issues. Do not wait for any moment in getting the newest services as soon as possible. The technical team hired is expert in dealing with scams, virus attacks, identity theft as well as the device hijack. Customer can ring at any time of the day for availing the technical support.
How to secure from these cyber attacks with Bitdefender Antivirus Technical Support?
There are a few simple steps you can carry out to secure yourself from spoofing attacks of printer, scanner or the copier. The same post from Bitdefender Antivirus Technical Support summarizes some essential security steps that could protect you. Below are the steps mentioned?
- At any time you receive an email that appears to be forwarded from the merchant who has sold you copier, scanner or the printer machine, stay in touch with him over the mobile and make sure it’s been forwarded by them. Call Bitdefender Antivirus Technical Support for additional information.
- At any time you receive any such email text, it’s fine to move the cursor of the mouse on the hyperlinks to see if they are genuine or not. All the time check things twice whenever you are downloading, even if they appear to forward from a trustworthy source. Ring Bitdefender Antivirus Technical Support for additional information.
- Confirm you have appropriate cyber safety tools in place to safe your file and the vital information of your customers also. Dial Bitdefender Antivirus Technical Support for additional information.
- Make sure regular backing up of all files, so you can get important details if you are assaulted. Dial Bitdefender Antivirus Technical Support for additional information.
- Stay yourself always up to date on what all is occurring in the cyber security world. Read the blogs of Bitdefender Antivirus Technical Support.
- If you recognize what kinds of threats to anticipate, you can simply plan for them.
If you own a business, make sure that your staffs are properly trained in best techniques of security. Make safety a main concern; and always contact the Bitdefender Antivirus Technical Support when face any technical issue.