Have you ever been phished? Then you must have experienced the risks of receiving infectious emails, downloading malicious files, or links to false websites veiled as real ones. All such infectious software are designed to steal your credential data, your identity for illegal doings, or your money. For remaining safe against these scams, only being vigilant is not sufficient nowadays. Rather there is a great need of top-notch antivirus software like Trend Micro Security whose sophisticated anti-phishing skills can protect you from being scammed.
And we, the certified Trend Micro Support professionals are here to assist you for using your security software against phishing attacks. Along with the complete knowledge about Trend Micro security products, we have years of experience in helping the customers having issues with these security suite. Here also, we have come up with the solution of the query ‘how to set up Trend Micro Internet Security, Premium Security or Maximum Security to optimize your protection against phishing threats.
Instructions to Prevent Phishing by customizing the settings in Trend Micro
Go through the instructions provided below to protect yourself from phishing
Set up Data Theft Protection
There are a number of ways to prevent phishing, we will make you aware about all via our different blogs but today we’ll discuss how to protect yourself against the same by enabling and using Trend Micro Security’s Data Theft Prevention feature.
Important: You can stop hackers from potentially stealing your identity or intercepting the sensitive information on your device, simply by keeping just a few digits of your credit card number in Trend Micro Security. Or can prevent your kids from sharing the personal information through instant messaging, via email, or with untrustworthy websites by providing a couple of digits from your mobile number or words from your home address prevent.
Note: Before activating Data Theft Prevention, first of all you have to create a password in Trend Micro Security, in order to protect your custom settings. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security by double-clicking on its icon present on the Desktop screen or in the Windows System Tray.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ icon, located to the right of the big Scan. After that the Protection Settings screen displays, along with Security & TuneUp Controls > then Scan Preferences selected by default.
- After that, click on Other Settings, followed by Password. Doing this will bring a Password screen in front of you.
- Put tick in front of Enable password protection option to prevent unauthorized changes.
- Enter a strong password followed by re-entering it again in order to confirm it. A feedback on your password strength will be provided to you by the Trend Micro Security.
- Fill out all the Password Hints & Email Address fields to keep a track of the password if in case you forget it later. The Trend Micro Security will email your password to you if that case happens.
- Click on ‘Apply’ to save the password, followed by clicking on ‘OK’ to close the Protection Setting.
Steps to Set up Data Theft Prevention
- Return back in the main Trend Micro Security Console, there click on the ‘Privacy’ icon when the privacy screen get appears.
- Click on ‘Configure for Data Theft Prevention’ option. The Data Theft Prevention Introduction screen will appear.
- Read the Instructions to understand how the function can support you to protect your privacy, then click on OK to close it. After that the Password screen appears.
- Enter your password followed by clicking on OK. This will open the Data Theft Prevention settings screen in front of you.
- Click the slider option to make it ON in order to enable Data Theft Prevention. This will turn ON the Data Theft Protection & the Trend Micro Security provides you with some suggested categories, such as Phone Number, Credit Card number, etc.
- The category name can be edited easily by typing over it. After that, in the ‘What to Protect column’ – type the actual data you wish to safeguard: for instance, in the Phone Number field you may either type the entire number or just the last four digits. When you click on ‘Save’, the Trend Micro Security will hide it using asterisks. If want to see it, simply click in the field to make it visible.
- Click on ‘+ New Category’ to add a new category, or click on the ‘trashcan’ present to the right of ‘What to Protect’ option to delete that category.
- Click on ‘OK’ to save the changes made by you.
We are sure that the aforementioned steps will help you to ‘customize the data theft prevention settings’ properly in order to prevent you from Phishing Attacks. But if you face difficulty in executing the instructions provided or encounters with any kind of technical issues while customizing the settings or creating the password in your Trend Micro Security. Openly contact us, as explained above we are expert technicians who are having years of experience in dealing with such situations. Just call on our Toll-free Trend Micro Antivirus Support Phone Number – 1800-012-720 and get solutions for all your issues within least possible time and from trustworthy specialists who are ready to help you for all the 24 hours of the day.