Nowadays when uncertainties are existing in almost every corner of the digital world, there are a number of things people need to consider in order to stay safe. Spam Message is also one of them. However, you might have heard this phrase and may have some information regarding the same but it is not enough. As per the Norton Support professionals – you must be familiar with all the details along with the tips needed to block ‘Spam Text Messages’. No, you don’t have to start with a lot of searches. Just going through the below article by Norton Technical Support Executives is sufficient to come out of this worrying situation.
What are Spam Text Messages?
These are the unsolicited or unwanted text messages sent to your mobile phones, usually for commercial purposes. Appearing as the simple messages, they can include false links that let you make a call or send a text, links that redirect you to a site for additional information, or links that take you to a website compelling or alluring to download an app. For more detailed statistics, consult the Norton Customer Support techies.
What to do to Avoid being Fooled by the Spam Text Messages?
Nothing much. Yep! You have read a correct phrase as making some simple efforts can help you to evade bring harmed by such messages. So, the first thing you have to do here is keeping calm and second is to just follow the prevention tips provided by Norton 360 Support mavens. However, if you are already coming across a text message that you suspect as spam, then be quick and report it to the professionals. Norton Support professionals are committed to detecting and removing the mobile spam & encouraging the people to make a safer digital world.
Guidelines to Stop the Spam Text Messages
There are a number of options that can help you to reduce or even block the spam text messages on your devices. Some of the vital ones as per the Norton Technical Support experts are as follows:
- Not using your mobile number while signing up for any sweepstakes, promotions, contests, or newsletters can be a great step towards securing your private information.
- If you feel that a subscription service is sending so many messages, opting out or adjusting your notification settings can provide a relief – Norton 360 Support.
- Use the message blocking service that allows you to block some texts. To be true – some text messages like account change alerts, usage notifications, & many others cannot be stopped.
- If all the above tips fail to work for you, Norton Customer Support techies suggest changing your phone number.
Note: If you don’t want to change your number, place it on FTC’s Do Not Call List accessible at www.donotcall.gov. And if you still continue receiving spam messages, file a complaint against that website with the FTC.
Prevention Tips to Safeguard Yourself
Below, the experienced Norton Technical Support experts have shared some effective suggestions that aid you to avoid suffering from the problems related to spam text messages.
- Don’t click the link arrives in a text message until you are sure that the sender of the same message is genuine and will not harm you.
- Never act on the messages that offer a suspicious feeling, even if you sense that it is from the sender whom you know.
- If the message is holding any attached application, then a strict suggestion by Norton Technical Support experts is to never download it.
- Keep your device protected by a robust and up-to-date mobile security software always.
- Ask your friends to don’t share the applications using memory cards or text messages. Be familiar with the genuine link and get it from there.
What to do if you have clicked a suspicious link?
The Simple reading of the text message won’t compromise or affect the personal data stored on your device. However, opening the link or downloading the attachment present in a message from a suspicious or unknown source can generate harms. But, if anyhow you have done this, then the Norton 360 Support Experts suggest following the below steps.
- Change your mobile number.
- Change the passwords of your bank accounts, & credit cards.
- Change all your online passwords, whether related to your social media sites or email accounts.
Following the aforementioned guide is the most effective way to stay safe from the harms of spam text messages. So, go with it and enjoy the spam-free digital experience. In case of any trouble, remember the toll-free Norton Antivirus Support Number – 1800-012-720.